Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Uncle Carol


My Uncle Carol passed away last week and we attended the funeral in Mapleton, Utah on Monday. 
Uncle Carol was the 2nd oldest brother in my Dad's family. 2nd oldest brother of 8 kids.
This photo of him as a baby is just so precious.
The middle photo brought back memories from when I was growing up... Uncle Carol loved roosters and chickens and always had them as pets... that is one of my main memories of him when I was young. There was a time when I was young when he kept some of his roosters over at our farm. I remember some of them were really mean and would chase us kids around. They were a little scary sometimes. He sure loves his chickens and roosters though.
He was a school teacher and also an artist. His paintings that are my favorites are of farm / country scenes and roosters. He was very talented. Someday, I would love to own one of his paintings... one can hope. :)
The right photo is a photo I took of him the last time I saw him when he could still walk. Uncle Carol endured many difficult and heart breaking trials in his life, but he always had a testimony of the gospel, was faithful through it all, and had a love for and faith in Jesus Christ.
We love you Uncle Carol. We will miss you.

No comments: