Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter

* * * * * * *


Leslie & Aaron... painting eggs on our first Easter together.


Leslie & Aaron Jr. & Aaron... our final Easter together as a family.


Aaron Jr. this year. He IS saying 'cheese'. :) He had a great time egg hunting and playing with his cousins. It was a nice day.

I am grateful for Easter. It helps us to remember the love of our Father in Heaven.
'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' -John 3:16

'Now
upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, ... , and certain others with them.
And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
And it came to pass... behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
H
e is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you... ,
Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. -Luke 24:1-7

I am grateful for the Savior. Because of Him, we can all live again. Because of Him, we can correct our wrongs. I am grateful that I can turn to Him when I need peace, comfort, and for my burden to be made light.
'He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.' - Mosiah 16:9

Here is an Easter video that reminds us of the meaning of Easter. I am grateful for this precious gift that we have all been given... the gift of our Savior.
The Easter video is at the bottom of that page titled: The Bread of Life.

http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/multimedia


Easter was yet another 'first' for us without Aaron. It seems like there is a 'first' every day... some days the 'first' is just more noticeable than other days... that Aaron is not there with us. Last year, we LOVED watching Aaron Jr. walk around with a basket collecting eggs. Aaron held the video camera while I took the photos. It was a special day. We missed Aaron so much on Easter this year, but we are grateful that we were able to spend it with so much family.

We love you, Aaron...


* * *

11 comments:

Kristi said...

I love the Easter post. Easter has always been my favorite holiday because of its significance. I am glad that you got home safe, although we miss you guys terribly.
We love you and are always sad thinking of your loss.

Anonymous said...

Nice post Leslie. Thanks for sharing. Love you!

Sunny XoXo said...

I have some sunshine to send your way! Come see!

Sunny XoXo

Tiffany said...

You are absolutely amazing! Your faith amidst your trials is awesome to read of. Your strength is an example to many. I actually have a "quote" from you hanging on my closet wall; it was when you mentioned the joyous days you could have had (with Aaron) had you both dismissed trivial things. So true! Thank you for your example; you are making a difference in my life.

Mindy said...

Thank you for the beautiful post, Leslie! I love Easter, too, but for some reason felt that it came and went without enough emphasis this year. Maybe because it was early... maybe because I had so many things, including playing my violin in church... anyway, I appreciate the thoughts today, and that I could pause and think about Him.

Matchbox Mom said...

Thanks for the good post! You are truly remarkable!
Glad you had a great Easter!

Hugs

LL said...

What a blessing it is, that you have so many wonderful pictures of your times together! Aaron Junior will treasure those, as I'm sure you do now. I LOVE to see all your pictures and read your heartfelt thoughts!
Looks like you had a nice Easter, that picture of little Aaron Junior in his sweater vest--PRICELESS! he is cute as can be!

Vicki said...

Ooh, I love your header at the top of your blog! I love your post, too! Love you, Leslie!

Elise said...

Hi Leslie

I have come across your blog through Sheye's blog.

I admire your strength and courage. I am deeply sorry to learn about the loss of your beloved Aaron.

Your Easter post touched my heart, especially those first two photos. The second photo reminds me that you never know what is around the corner and not to sweat the small stuff, let it go because it is not important.

Aaron Jnr is an absolute treasure and he is blessed to have you as his Mummy. You are obviously a woman committed to her faith, courageous and a true inspiration to everyone who has come into contact with you. What a role model you are for Aaron Jnr.

Karey said...

Glad you had a nice Easter. Too bad we didn't get to see you while we were down there. Next time, I guess. Love you.

Becky said...

Great pictures!