Friday, June 8, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend ~ 2012 / Blood Drive

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
First, I want to remind people to get out and donate blood.
The Red Cross called me and asked me to come in on Memorial Day
for a special Pediatric Blood Drive they were having.

John and Tawnie invited us up to the cabin for a couple of days over Memorial Day weekend.
We were so excited because we have so much fun with them up there.
They brought a four wheeler this time and Aaron just couldn't get enough rides on it.
He is a natural at driving it, I was very impressed.
This is Aaron, my brother John, and Jack.

The young kids started a movie and then ended up playing outside. I snuck a photo of John and Emily watching the kids show very intently. I thought it was funny how into it they were.

 Me with Aaron.

Sam and Aaron

Sam, Aaron, and Thomas
It rained or snowed most of the time we were there, but it sure was beautiful anyway.

This is the view from the cabin.
Camera...

 
 vs. Phone

Breathtaking.

Smith and Morehouse Reservoir
Camera...

vs. Phone.


I think my phone does pretty good. :)

The sun was finally showing as we were packing up to leave.

Jack and Aaron are great friends.
We had so much fun.
Thank you John and Tawnie.
I missed getting photos of Tawnie and Leah.

We stopped at the cemetery to remember Aaron.

When we got to the cemetery, there were a lot of roses spread across Aaron's headstone.
They were beautiful. They were left by family members who had been there earlier.
I am grateful so many came to visit there.
Aaron took this photo. 

While we were sitting by the headstone, a lady walked over and said that she and her husband had seen the headstone and come over to see it before we got there and that they were very touched by it. It was sure sweet for her to come over and tell us that.

I am so grateful to those who have given their lives for our freedoms.

 We also stopped at this cemetery to remember my brother Bruce as well.



Later in the afternoon, a lot of my family got together to play a game of softball.
It was a lot of fun.

Good job Aaron.

After the softball game, we all got together for an ice cream social and visiting on the front lawn. It was yummy and fun and wonderful to be with family.

It was a good Memorial Day Weekend.

* * *

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Wish we could have been there. We are getting so anxious, especially now that school is out.

Anonymous said...

didn't miss anything without a picture of me. Maybe Leah. :)
It's fun to have you around. I'm glad Jack and Aaron are good friends. It's cute.
Love ya.