Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Perspective

* * * * * * * *
My hand... holding the moon.


A penny will hide the biggest star in the Universe if you hold it close enough to your eye.  ~Samuel Grafton


I took this photo above this past summer.
As I have been pondering on what I want to try to work on in this new year, I came across this photo and immediately knew what I wanted to set as a goal for this year.

Perspective.

I want to have a clearer perspective.
Having a clearer perspective can mean so many different things.
I want my 'clearer perspective' to pertain to people, thoughts, attitude, actions, daily routines, etc, etc, etc.
I have found several quotes about 'perspective' and I have added them into this post.
Each quote that I found widened my view on all of the different ways that having a clearer perspective will factor into and improve my life if I will follow through.

In the photo above, my hand is larger than the moon and it appears as thought the moon can and will be crushed between my finger and my thumb.
But in reality, my hand is a tiny speck compared to the mass of the moon.


 What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight.  ~Joseph Joubert

  Is the glass half empty, half full, or twice as large as it needs to be?  ~Author Unknown

 Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.  ~Arthur Schopenhauer


I know I cannot always keep my perspective clear, BUT I want so badly to keep my perspective clear more often.
I need to try to see my life in terms of what I have instead of what I have not.
This is going to be VERY difficult for me, but that is why I started a 'Grateful Journal' a few nights ago... so that I can keep my mind focused on what I have instead of what I have not.


  It is not the man who has little, but he who desires more, that is poor.  ~Seneca

 The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.  ~Marcel Proust


I want to be more grateful.
I want to see my blessings more clearly.
I want a clearer understanding.
I want to see the world around me with a clearer perspective of what truly is or what can be.
  

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.  ~Ivy Baker Priest

 We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.  ~Anaïs Nin

There will be a time when you believe everything is finished.  That will be the beginning.  ~Louis L'Amour

  What we see depends mainly on what we look for.  ~John Lubbock


I want to rid my life of the obstacles that are in my way blinding me of the perspective that the Lord wants me to have. I am sure there is so much He wants me to see, so much He wants me to know, so much He wants me to experience... but I am allowing myself to be hindered by the obstacles that seem so giant and difficult to climb or overcome.


 But such a tiny and trivial thing as an umbrella can deprive you of the sight of such a stupendous fact as the sun. ~Meher Baba


I want to receive what is intended for me and not what I perceive it to be. I need a clearer perspective to try to figure out what gifts the Lord is offering to me NOW... not to only wait for the gifts I assume are best for me to have NOW.
(even though ultimately I know the gifts I am hoping for are righteous endeavors and I do hope that someday the Lord will say it is time for me to have those gifts that I seek so earnestly)


 I know what I have given you.  I do not know what you have received.  ~Antonio Porchia, Voces

 How, child, do I know where you're headed?  Because I'm there, and I can see you coming.  ~Robert Brault


 I pray that I can keep my perspective in check a little more than I have been in years past as I wait patiently upon the Lord to bring to me the blessings that I dream of receiving someday.
In the meantime...
There is so much I know I need to seek out and search for.
There is so much I know I am missing.
There is so much that I need to understand.
There is so much I need to know.
I am hoping that my new and clearer perspective will give me
clarity, understanding, peace, knowledge, hope, experience, gratitude, strength, JOY, and so much more.


 Where there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see.  ~Dorthea Lange


Perspective.

Happy New Year to You All!

* * *

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Great focus! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Good job! and Good Luck!!

Rebecca Adams said...

Very good idea! I need to focus more on perspective too. :)