Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Rocking Horse

* * * * * * * * *
A few days before Aaron passed away, he ordered a pattern online to build a rocking horse for Aaron Jr for Christmas. He received the pattern in the mail two days before he passed away, so the rocking horse was never even started.
Well, a man from my ward called me today (Christmas Eve) to let me know that they give handmade toys and rocking horses away to children on Christmas Eve and they wanted to give one to Aaron Jr. So, they drove all the way up from Lehi to Bountiful to deliver this rocking horse to Aaron Jr. When I told him about the pattern Aaron had ordered, he wanted to take it and told me that they wanted to build it for Aaron Jr so that the rocking horse his Dad had planned to build would be built.
I can't tell you what a tender mercy this was for me. I was so sad that there wasn't going to be a gift for Aaron Jr from his Dad for Christmas... so when they showed up with that rocking horse today... they said, this isn't from us... it is from his Daddy. So, Aaron Jr received a gift from his Daddy after all. Aaron Jr jumped right on that rocking horse and rocked back and forth for a while. It was a priceless experience and I am SO grateful for the love and sacrifice that it took to build that horse. Thank you so much. What a treasure.



* * *

5 comments:

Lisa said...

i am so grateful that aaron jr. got his rocking horse...and even in time for christmas?! such a tender mercy. keep recognizing those tender mercies, les. that will help you so much to know how much heavenly father loves you. you are amazing. i love you.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing blessing. It seems that the Lord is there to watcha dn know exactly then you need something, like what happened with Alli the other night. I am so glad Aaron got to give his son a gift. What a treasure. I love you!

Mindy said...

Heavenly Father is truly mindful of us. What a sweet blessing, and a treasure. Thank you for sharing!

Karey said...

Such a cute rocking horse and so sweet that it was given to Aaron Jr. under the circumstances. We must recognize the Lord's hand in all things. Love you!

Kristi said...

How wonderfully sweet.