Monday, November 23, 2009

Laughter IS the Best Medicine

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Okay, so Aaron has been a busy little boy lately. This is a photo of him posing with my hat on and asking 'what do you think?' And every time he asked that he had to fold his arms like a poser. He is so funny. He makes me laugh.


Before I get to the busy things... I wanted to share this photo. A sweet lady named Rita from Texas sent these gifts to Aaron Jr. This is the second time she has sent him fun things from this Rainforest Cafe. Thank you Rita and thank you to everyone else (family, friends, and strangers who have become friends) who have done so much for us. He is pretty obsessed with this stuff right now. :) He gets so attached to things... and it makes me laugh.


So, getting started on Aaron's busy ness. A few weeks ago, Sue (Aaron's mom) came down to help me paint the bead board on the bottom half of our master bedroom. Aaron had put the bead board up several years ago, but had never gotten around to painting it and I finally wanted to do it. So Sue helped me. I am grateful for that. The next day, I still had the paint can and painting stuff sitting in my bedroom and Aaron used one of those little prying tools to get the lid of the paint off. He even set these newspapers around just like we had done. He had a paintbrush in the paint ready to go... luckily I figured out what he was up to right before he was about to start painting the closet doors. WHEW!!! But once I got the lid back on... I had a good laugh.


Aaron saw me washing my hair in the bathtub and the next thing I knew, I heard the water turn on in HIS bathtub. I got done and went in there and found him washing his own hair. I had to laugh.


Then the next thing I knew he had plugged in my hair dryer and was drying his hair, then he would go check in the mirror to see how it was coming and use my brush. What a character. He makes me laugh.


THIS is the finished product. Isn't he handsome?


Aaron shows off his drawings of Spongebob Squarepants. His little drawing contraction there has Spongebob all over it. He actually drew him really well.


So, Aaron got up in the cupboard and got three boxes of fruit snacks down and had been eating them when I came downstairs to check on him. When I got down there, all I saw were three empty boxes of fruit snacks, so I asked him if he had eaten all of them. He then layed across the middle cushion of the couch and said, 'They aren't under here.' So I moved the cushion and there was a stash... it was all that was left anyway. I had to laugh.
Then can you tell a difference between these two door hinges? Well, let me tell you... Aaron has been obsessed with the screwdriver lately. So he likes to unscrew the screws in the hinges then put the screws back in. Well a few nights ago, I was going to bed and went to close my door while I got ready for bed. But the door would not close. I knew Aaron had been messing with it earlier, so I did an inspection. The hinge on the left is correct, the hinge on the right had been completely removed and reinstalled BACKWARDS, so the door could not close. Again, I had to laugh... then reinstall it correctly.



This past month, Aaron Jr has felt the need to tell me he needs to go potty, then run out to the front yard, FACING THE STREET, and pull down his pants and go potty. Most of the times he has done this, his pants and briefs are around his ankles, but this time when I happened to grab the camera, he had taken them completely off. Aaron Jr wouldn't know this, but in this case 'like father, like son'. (But Aaron wouldn't go in the front yard. Is that too much information?:) I keep telling him that he needs to go potty in the toilet... but whatever... again... it makes me laugh.


Aaron Jr found the box of garbage bags in the pantry and before I knew it, I started to walk down the stairs and this is what I found. I think he was trying to recarpet the whole house with these bags. I had him help me clean them all up, but, OF COURSE, only after grabbing the camera, taking some photos... and laughing all the while.


Aaron has a bad habit of telling me he wants to ride his bike, then before I even have time to put on my shoes and a jacket, he is out the door and almost all the way at the end of the street. So this day I was running after him calling his name and when I round the corner, he was already at the next corner, so I called his name again was still running towards him. When he saw me, he got off of his bike (can you see his bike at the corner behind him?) and started running towards me. I snapped a photo just before he jumped into my arms for a huge hug. Again, he made me laugh.


He uses the bike pump and says he is putting gas in his bike. He was riding towards me and eventually went off of the sidewalk on purpose and pretended that he was dead. Then when I started to laugh, he looked up and he was laughing as well.


This has been a full month of busy ness, messes, but most of all... of Aaron trying his hardest to make me laugh. He tells me he loves me more than ever, I tell him I love him more than ever, he gets my attention when I am doing stuff and once he has my attention, he smiles as big as he can or tells me that he loves me. He will say things to get a laugh and then ask me if it was funny. He will start walking like a penguin just to get me to laugh. He is so full of love and joy... he wants others around him to feel it as well. Several times since that night with the harmonica, if I am seeming stressed or whatever, he will say 'hold on, let me get my music'... then he will run to his room and come back playing his harmonica. This little boy is the light of my life. The joy of my days. The miracle in my life. He truly is a tender mercy sent to me by a loving Father in Heaven. It has been quite the busy month for us... just laughing together.


My angel.

* * *

10 comments:

Momza said...

Love all the shenanigans & pictures! You're so quick to grab the camera!
Especially love the last picture. He is so in tune with you, Leslie. The bond you two have is extraordinary. No doubt he was sent here For You. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mindy said...

What a sweetheart! They definitely keep you on your toes, don't they? I love this age though... even when they're "naughty" it's funny. I'm amazed how good you are at grabbing the camera at those important times!

Anonymous said...

adorable. so glad you have documented all of this. Very cute. Hey, we used some of Aaron's paint and painted some our kitchen. We love it. Thanks for the paint!!! It is already coming in very handy for more than one project. We are grateful for Aaron too and his good taste in paint. It's an honor to have it.
Love you.

Kristi said...

That Aaron. We love him.

AlanaBD said...

What a funny lil man!! Is this what I have to look forward to? Not sure I am up to it! Hee Hee! just kidding! Those are cute and sweet stories.

Happy Thanksgiving, Leslie and Aaron Jr. :)

Allred Mom said...

Way to find joy in all the experiences that Aaron has done this month. It is truly a treasure to laugh and realize that some things are meant to be that way.

Thinking of you as you approach the anniversary of Aaron's passing.

May you feel the arms of your guardian angel around you!

Lisa said...

he keeps you on your toes more than all six of my kids i think! i'm glad you have such a character that can make you laugh.

Kate, Alek, Hank, and Cash (RIP RED) said...

Love it all so sweet and he is def. all boy hehe
Alek has the same Halloween shirt!!
Have a nice week...
Kate

Anonymous said...

saying a few extra prayers for you in the coming days. hoping you find some sense of peace in the midst of the emotional upheaval that you must be feeling. hugging you and Aaron Jr. from afar.
rita

Anonymous said...

He truly is gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous!

Thinking of you this weekend Leslie.

Love,

Jane