Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthdays... are they fun anymore?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Yes, I guess they can be. :) I have friends and family who made it a fun birthday.
The night before my birthday, I went to dinner and a movie with some of my close friends. It was a lot of fun. We saw a chick flick called 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'. It was a really cute and funny show. We enjoyed it a lot.
Kerianne got me a slice of cake and smuggled it in a shopping bag to the restaurant. That is her beside me in this photo... trying to steer clear of the shot, but smiling JUST IN CASE she makes it into the photo. :) She barely made it.



Rori, Marilee, Kaylynn, Leslie, Sarah, Kerianne
These are the friends that were able to make it to our girls night out. It was so much fun. These are some really great friends and I am so grateful for them. Thanks girls.


On my actual birthday, my mom and my sister in law Tawnie made cakes and a bunch of my family members came over to my parents house for cake and visiting. It was a lot of fun and I am grateful for such a wonderful family. Thanks family. Oh, and the cake was amazing. :)

Aaron Jr. and I went up to Aaron's parents house to see them later in the evening. I am grateful to call them our family as well. Thank you.

I am grateful for the messages, phonecalls, gifts, and cards I received. I have such supportive and loving friends and family. Thank you everyone.



Aaron Jr. gave me the best birthday present of all... I consider him to be potty trained. Tomorrow, he gets to pick out a new toy as his prize for filling up his potty sticker chart. He is doing amazingly well and I am so grateful for that. He also continues to bring me more joy than words can express. He is my joy and he is a gift to me every single moment of every single day. He is the happiest child I have ever met and he is such a precious soul. I love him so much.

These are the days when Aaron's absence is even more apparent. It is difficult to look forward to these special occasions, but again... family and friends bring joy on these days. Aaron is still missed every moment.
We miss you, Aaron. We love you...


* * *

8 comments:

The Michiganders said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. You certainly deserve a special day.

And congrats on the potty success. Yea!

K and K and kids said...

Happy Birthday! I thought of you on the day and I meant to email you, but the day got away from me. Glad you had a nice day! So glad that Aaron is potty-trained. It is a whole new world! Just be sure that when you go anywhere...anywhere...you know where the potty is and be prepared to use it, no matter how disgusting. Once kids figure out that you will take them to the potty if they ask...they ask constantly...no matter where you are. Love ya, Les.

Mindy said...

I'm glad you were able to spend your birthday with friends and family! I've read the shopaholic books (which are amazingly stupid, but fun ;), so I want to see that movie sometime.

Kristi said...

Happy birthday! I am sorry I didn't even talk to you on your actual birthday. Spencer was our team spokesman for that birthday greeting. I am glad that you were surrounded by friends and family for your birthday. Speaking of friends, I noticed Sarah went with you on your friends outing. Does she still live by R&T? I have some high school memories with her in them.
We love you whole bunches!
love, your Oregon fam.

dani said...

happy belated birthday, leslie!!!
you are right a potty trained little boy is a pretty darn good gift:)
much love,
dani

ps my word verification is blessect; but the way it is arranged the c and t at the end look like a "d". at first glance i was sure it said blessed. you know, that's how i always feel after reading your posts (whether you are are up or down)... as your faith that always shines through your words is, indeed, a blessing to me:)

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the potty training accomplishment. I have trained 3, with 2 more to go-it is absolutely my least favorite part of parenting. Good for you-I'm sure your husband is very proud.
Thanks...again for your faith, optimism and example.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry that I have not posted a comment in a long time. However please know that I have been reading your blog and thinking about you.

I'm so happy that you had a good birthday. I know I don't know you, but I know what you have been through and I know that we deserve good days.

So Happy Birthday!!

Also congrats on the potty training!! That is a big thing.

(((((HUGS)))))

Tabitha said...

Happy Birthday Leslie ~ It looks like you had a nice time with your friends.
Love and big hugs Tabitha XXXX