Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME !

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
A.K.A... first day of National Peanut Month


On my birthday, March 1st, a couple of my sisters called me to see if Aaron Jr and I wanted to meet them at the park to play since the weather was nice. So, we went to the park. They had a bag of chocolate covered raisins for me (a favorite of mine right now)... and a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for all of us to share. They informed me it was National Peanut Month... so I had to take a bit of this, then hold it for a photo. Happy National Peanut Month everyone!


Here are the kids who were at the park with us... Lily (is she a model?), Michael, Stella, Henry, Angus, Aaron ... and Jack the dog lounging in the back of Lori's van soaking in the rays.


*Aaron kept running up this hill and pretending he was skiing down it... like on the Olympics. He even used sticks for ski poles... and fake crashed a few times. It was so funny.
*Then he gave me the thumbs up after being so proud of himself for climbing this wall.
*Then he made me a birthday cake in the sand.



These are the drawings / paintings that Aaron Jr made for me for my birthday. I LOVE them. The first one he told me was a picture of Daddy with backpack wings on. The other one is a lot of things I think, but one thing he told me was that part of it was of Daddy fishing. Then the third one is obvious... his hand prints. The one of Daddy with backpack wings on... I don't know where that idea came from, but I thought it was so sweet. I will treasure it. I love this kid.

That night, my mom made a cake and some of my family came over to celebrate with cake and ice cream. Then on Sunday, the Harkness side celebrated with dinner for me. It was a good birthday... and I am grateful.


The Saturday after my birthday, I took Aaron Jr to Salt Lake. We did some fun things together that day... Clark Planetarium, Temple Square and dinner. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun.


We went to the visitors centers. Aaron saw the Christus... I am pretty sure for his first time. Its so beautiful.


We went up into the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to see the temple from this view. IT is so beautiful as well.


I loved this flower... had to take a photo. You can see that spring is trying to show up... I love that.


And here we are. Gotta love this view of the Salt Lake Temple. It is gorgeous.
We had a great day.
Thanks to EVERYONE for birthday wishes and gifts... and LOVE. I felt very special because of those who love me.


* * *

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Glad you had a good birthday. Looks fun.

Lisa said...

that was a fun day at the park.

Scott / Lori said...

Here's hoping for more days at the park! So glad to see Jack the dog made it onto the blog, he is very honored. I like that picture of you and Aaron in front of the temple.

AlanaBD said...

Seriously, those are the cutest paintings ever!

LL said...

the first picture makes me want a reeses peanut butter egg.
The last picture is PERFECT!!!
Happy Birthday~

Lisa said...

by the way. i believe that flower is called an 'english daisy'. i bought one of those one year for my yard- the color was strawberries & cream. they are so cute.

Rhitzclan said...

I'd never heard the final of what you actually did that day! I'm glad you had fun and that it all turned out. =)

Anonymous said...

Leslie, you're an inspiration to me and all of us. Keep being the strong spirit and loveable person that you are.