Sunday, August 14, 2011

5k ~ 2011

* * * * * * *
So, after two years in a row where I competed in two sprint triathlons per summer... I haven't competed in any yet this summer. So when Tawnie told me that John was going to run the 1/2 marathon in July and she was signing up to do the 5k that day, she asked if I wanted to run it with her.
I have never run a 5k on its own before, so I agreed. Their son, lil John, signed up to run the 5k as well.

John did an awesome job on the 1/2 marathon and lil John and Tawnie did an amazing job in the 5k.
It was so much fun running with them.

I am excited to get back to some more sprints triathlons next summer and maybe some other races. We will see.

John, almost to the finish line of the 1/2 marathon.

Tawnie, lil John, and Me after finishing the 5k.

Me, lil John, John, Tawnie, Jolie & Sean (Tawnie's sister and her husband), Austin (Teresa's nephew)
Us with some other familiar faces. :)

Me with Aaron Jr.

Thanks to those who came to cheer us and John across the finish line.
It was a fun day.


* * *

1 comment: