Saturday, August 6, 2011

Where I Want To Be... And Plan To Be

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Pain stayed so long.
I said to him today, 'I will not have you with me anymore.'
I stamped my foot and said, 'Be on your way,'
and paused there, startled at the look he wore.

'I who have been your friend,' he said to me. 'I who have been your teacher - all you know of understanding, love, of sympathy, and patience,
I have taught you. Shall I go?'

He spoke the truth, this strange unwelcome guest;
I watched him leave, and knew that he was wise.
He left a heart grown tender, he left a far, clear vision in my eyes.
I dried my tears, and lifted up a song -
even for one who'd tortured me so long."


-Spencer W. Kimball

* * *

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Great perspective. I love that! Love you. :)

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful.

Jane
xox