Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spotted

* * * * * *


I looked out the window one night in April around 1:00 AM and I saw this beautiful sight across the street. Three deer were grazing on the grass. It had been snowing a bit, so the pavement was wet behind them and the street light looked golden against it. I had to use my long lens, so the photo is a bit blurry, but I love this photo of this little deer family.

Aaron was always so good at spotting deer in the dark or in the light... whether we were driving or walking or whatever... he always had to point them out to me because he always saw them first. It was like he had a radar for them or something. We would be driving along on a trip or something and all of a sudden, he would slam on the breaks and point the headlights in the general direction of something, and even if it was pitch black outside, he would point out in the darkness and I would have to strain to even see their eyes that were glowing. Luckily we were always the only ones on the road that late at night. :)

Ever since he passed away, I have seen so many more deer on a regular basis than I ever did before. They are just around... a lot. I can now spot them even in the darkness. And when I do, I usually pull the car over to point them out to Aaron Jr and then to just watch them for a few minutes. (and if I have my camera... of course snap photo photos).


When I see them now, I always think of Aaron and it makes me smile. I like to think that he somehow sent them my way to let me know that he is around. Silly, I know, but I like to think it anyway. I love the things that remind me of Aaron...

A girl named Tracie, who left a comment on my blog, wrote to me tonight and let me know that:
DEER symbolize love, hope, protection, and family.
I LOVE that. Thank you Tracie.
* * *

5 comments:

Rebecca Adams said...

Nice post and beautiful picture! I love it! :)

Kristi said...

It looks like a painting or something. Very cool. I always think it is cool to see deer but my kids act like it isn't a big deal. It is kids!

Tracie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. It isn't silly to think he is sending them your way. I know that the people who loves us on the other side want us to remeber them and want to send us "signs" that they are still around. My Grandparents send magpies and hummingbirds. I love the eloquency of your writing. Thank you for sharing.

Helen said...

love the photo! even more because of what it means to you. beautiful.

jensenfamily said...

fun to catch up - hope you're doing great! love erin