Friday, February 3, 2012

Random January ~ 2012

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Savannah and Veronica giving Aaron a hug.
He loves his cousins.

 
In two neighboring cities, two of my brothers ran for city council...
and they both won a seat on the councils.
These are photos of them getting sworn in at the beginning of January. 
Congrats to Richard and John! 

 
My twin nieces, Elise and Hannah, in their school spelling bee.
They did great! I love the worry on their faces when their friend was up spelling a word.

My niece Leah. She is so cute.

 We went to a lot of sporting events in January for some of my nieces and nephews.
This one is 'John John' in a Junior Jazz game.

 Matthew at his soccer game.

 Kristina in her school basketball game.

Zachary in his soccer game.

There was a huge snow storm in January that came on super quickly and dumped a bunch of snow that made the roads super slick. These photos are looking up from my parents' house and down from my parents' house. You can't tell that well in the photo, but there were a lot of cars pulled off to the side of the road... either because they were being cautious, or some were there because they had slid out of control and crashed. There were many accidents that day on that hill and it was closed for a while because of it. It was quite the storm.

I don't know why, but January is definitely the gloomiest month for me. I think it is because it is smack dab in the middle of winter (my least favorite season) and the sun shines so rarely. My favorite winter day is when there is snow on the ground, but not a cloud in the sky with the sun shining down. It is such a beautiful day when that happens.
But, I am always glad when January is over and I am really looking forward to the springtime.
I love sunshine.

 
Kerianne had her baby in January. Congrats to them.
This is Me holding baby Sage.
I was so happy to get to visit her in the hospital when she was only one day old.
She is precious.
Here are a couple of photos of her...


I love baby feet.


Sage.
She is beautiful.

* * *

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow, that really is a lot of sporting events if you are keeping up with only a few of them. There always seems to be wonderfully sunny days in February. Hopefully there will be a dozen or so of those days to make your winter brighter. For us here it was 65 degrees and sunny.

John said...

Beautiful baby. Cute sporty kids. Cute city councilmen. I'd love copies of the colages you put together of my family. I need to learn to do this stuff. I don't like January either. It is always a really long, cold, and downer of a month. It's hard after the two+ months of festivites before January. Life goes back to normal.
cute cousins, kids, and everyone. You too!
Love you.