Friday, February 18, 2011

He Loves Us.

* * * * * * * *
This video really affected me. I watched it three times within ten minutes. It drove me to tears because of the amazing feeling I felt as I watched it and listened to the words spoken in the video. The Spirit of the Lord touched my heart and I hope and pray that anyone who visits my blog and sees this posting will watch this video, listen to the words, let them sink in, and allow yourself to feel the Spirit of the Lord come into your heart. The Spirit testifies to us with these feelings. It testifies of truth and it helps us to feel the love of our Father in Heaven. We are His children. Let these feelings of love and hope sink into your heart as these men testify of Jesus Christ, our Savior and of His role in our lives. He loves us.
We are so blessed to know that.




"Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prove ourselves worthy to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. In order to be tested, we must sometimes face challenges and difficulties. At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end—no dawn to break the night's darkness. We feel surrounded by the pain of broken hearts, the disappointment of shattered dreams, and the despair of vanished hopes. We join in uttering the biblical plea 'Is there no balm in Gilead?' (Jeremiah 8:22). We are inclined to view our own personal misfortunes through the distorted prism of pessimism. We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face." ~ Thomas S. Monson

* * *

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you for posting that. I love how powerful the servants of the Lord are, and how strongly their witness of Him is reflected in their words. This is just what I needed. And your example of turning to the Lord and clinging onto Him is a profound one; an example that I aspire to be to others someday. Thank you!!

Kristi said...

What peace these words bring. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

http://sadandchara.blogspot.com/

Thought maybe you could give him some comforting words.... ♥

Leslie said...

thank you anonymous at the top.
those were sweet words to read from you tonight. i appreciate it.

thank you.


and anonymous at the bottom, thank you for sharing that blog address. it broke my heart and i wrote a comment to him. i pray for his peace and comfort.