Tuesday, November 16, 2010

# 16 ~ Friendships

* * * * * * * * * * *
FRIENDSHIPS


I am grateful for friendships.

'Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.' ~Author Unknown

When I think back over my life and think about the friends I have made at different stages of my life, I am amazed. I am sure it is the same for anyone... when you truly think about all the friendships you have had throughout your life, it is mind boggling.

I count family as my closest friends and besides family, I have some of the greatest friends in the world. Wonderful friends, old and new alike. The quote below is so true about some of my friends...

'It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.' ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

...just knowing each other so well that you can be goofs together.


This quote...

'Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive.' ~Anäis Nin

...has always been my favorite quote about friendship. If I think about the friends I have had throughout my life, each one of them has brought out and continues to bring out something different in me. Different strengths, different weaknesses... each one teaching me through our experiences together, helping me to overcome certain insecurities... or helping me to feel comfortable in those insecurities. I like having both kinds of friends. :)


I just came across this quote again as well and first it reminded me of my family... but it also reminds me of my closest friends. I love it.

'I live for those who love me, for those who know me true.' ~ George Linnaeus Banks

I am grateful for the love, support, laughter, great experiences, and examples of my family and friends. I am so grateful for friendships.


* * *

1 comment:

Lisa Carter said...

I am grateful for my friendship with you. It is so wonderful to be able to just say a word, and you get the feeling behind it. Thank you for being my friend and reaching out to me. You are amazing (that's my word of the day)!!!