Monday, November 22, 2010

# 22 ~ God & His Plan of Happiness

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
God & His Plan of Happiness


I am grateful for God and His Plan of Happiness.

I wish I could express in words just how grateful I am for our Father in Heaven. I guess I will begin by writing about how grateful I am for the knowledge that I am a daughter of God. I cannot tell you how many times that knowledge alone has helped me through difficult times in my life. When I get down on myself or begin to doubt my self worth, all I have to do is remember that I am a daughter of God with divine attributes and I feel better. Not all at once, but if I keep reminding myself of that, then my attitude about myself begins to change for the better.

As soon as I began writing this posting, there has been something going through my mind and I can't seem to focus because I keep reciting it in my mind over and over. As teenage girls in our church, we belong to an organization called the Young Womens Program. It is amazing. I loved that time of my life so much because of the group I belonged to, the friendships I made, and the teachings and skills I learned there. On Sundays at the beginning of class, we always stood up and recited this:

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father,
Who loves us, and we love Him.
We will stand as witnesses of God
at all times, and in all things, and in all places,
as we strive to live the Young Women values,
which are:

Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice & Accountability
Good Works
Integrity
Virtue

There is more to it, but this is the part I was thinking about. Anyhow, when I am having a hard time, the first line runs through my head more than anything else does when I am searching for something to lift me up. I am a daughter of Heavenly Father, Who loves me, and I love Him.

When I mentioned in the title that I am grateful for God AND His Plan, I was referring to the Plan that He has for us. The reason why we are here on this earth, and where we are going after we die. Knowledge of God's plan for us is key to feeling contentment and direction in my life. When everything else around me in this world is chaotic and does not seem to make sense, at least I know the answers to Who I Am, Why I am here, and What comes next after this life. Having the answers to those questions make me feel like I can take on the world. It makes me feel loved by our Father in Heaven because He didn't just send us here for no reason... He has a plan for us because He loves us.

God's Plan of Happiness (click to read about it)

Knowing who I am and there is a reason that I am here... that certainly helps me through the tough times. With the anniversary of Aaron's death coming up, I have sure needed extra strength. I have been trying to stay extra extra extra busy so that I don't even have time to sit and think about it coming up. It is still there all month in the back of my mind, but I try so hard to push it away and not let it affect me. But, I hit a wall last night. I realized last night that it is only a week away. ONE WEEK. Times like this really force me to dig deep to find the strength to face what's coming. I know that my Father in Heaven is mindful of Aaron Jr and me and loves us so much.

We are all children of God... created in His image... we must be pretty special. Who are we to think otherwise?

I am so grateful for God. I love Him and I know He loves each one of us. And I am grateful for His Plan of Happiness. Oh the peace it brings to my life.

* * *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that I don't comment that often, but I always read and check in on you.

Love,

Jane

Leslie said...

thanks jane. you are so supportive. you are great.