Monday, August 5, 2013

Happy Birthday to Us.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
In March, we celebrated my birthday at the beginning and Aaron's birthday at the end.
This year was both of our 36th birthdays.

My birthday showed up and I had my annual birthday sob fest.
I went to work that day and while I cleaned to get ready for opening, I cried and cried.
I actually didn't want anyone to know it was my birthday, but that wish did not come true...
my brother decided to announce it to the world on the marquee. :)
He was trying to be thoughtful and cheer me up... thanks Richard.
I wish I were still 29, but it was also thoughtful of him not to announce my real age.

My thoughtful Mom baked me my favorite chocolate cake, well... really the only chocolate cake that I like. Its the cake she baked for all of our birthdays as we grew up.
Its a sour cream chocolate cake with the yummiest stove top chocolate frosting you will ever taste... Thanks Mom.

 At the end of the month, we went to the cemetery to celebrate Aaron's birthday 'with him'.
We got 6 balloons this year to represent how many birthdays he has missed now.

 We wrote messages on them this year.
Aaron Jr wrote on the blue ones and I wrote on the yellow ones.

Ready, Set, Let Go!

Up, Up, and Away!

 
 Aaron watching the balloons until they disappeared.

We always say a prayer at the cemetery before we leave.
In Aaron Jr's prayer that day, he prayed:
"Bless that Daddy will get his balloons. Please say to him that we miss him."
It was sweet.

My, how his hands have grown. :)

Sue, Aaron's mom, had left this little heart on the headstone.

My sweet boy and Me.

* * *

2 comments:

Kristi said...

happy birthday to the both of you...but in March. i can't believe Aaron has been gone for 6 years. wow. i like you balloon tradition. so sweet.

Mindy said...

I need that chocolate cake recipe. Or just a chocolate cake...

Love you, Leslie.